Last Revised: February 25, 2020
- What is Personal Data?
Personal Data most generally includes any representation of information that permits the identity of an individual to whom the information applies to be reasonably inferred by either direct or indirect means. Personal Data may include information: that directly identifies an individual or by which an organization intends to identify specific individuals in conjunction with other data elements. Information permitting the physical or online contacting of a specific individual is the same as Personal Data. This information can be maintained in any form.
- Collection of Your information
Information that you provide directly to us.
IPIB may collect Personal Data in order to underwrite, sell, solicit, and negotiate insurance products and services.
- Your first and last name, phone number, home address, business address, email address, date of birth, any online profile you may have, your social security number, marital status, financial data, educational background, and employment history.
- Information pertaining to your business or employment, including your legal business name or DBA name, business ownership structure, length of time in business, length of time in trade, the type of work your subcontractors and or employees do, estimated payroll, amount of time worked by employees, employee names, business owners names and information, location of works and employees, background checks, safety, and hiring, FEIN and/or other employment identifications or tax identifications, whether employees are seasonal, your company’s business and other business revenue metrics, the insurance status for employees and subcontractors, and other information required for underwriting decisions. If the information you provide us includes Personal Data of individuals (including your employees), you represent that you have provided notice to that third party and have obtained his or her consent.
- Information regarding your vehicles, including: vehicle identification number(s), the address where the vehicle is registered with the DMV, the address where the vehicle is garaged, the name of the vehicle’s registered owner, the ownership status of the vehicle, the name of the leaseholder (if applicable), the primary use of the vehicle and the annual miles driven, the radius in miles the vehicle will be driven for work purposes, information pertaining to your drivers license, any previous auto accidents and or incidents.
- Information related to whether you are licensed to do certain types of work (including contractor license number.
- Information related to any prior insurance information or prior insurance claims.
- Any information you submit to IPIB through our customer service team via any online or voice platform.
- Information related to any social media or other online accounts you may have such as public profile’s and email address connected to those accounts.
- Any information you submit through a review about the products you have purchased
- Information collected using automated technologies, including web server logs that compile IP addresses, web beacons, and cookies.
- Sensitive information, such as your criminal background, credit score, history of bankruptcy, tax or credit liens, history of lawsuits related to your business, and information related to insurance or employee benefit programs.
- Information online when you visit our website/social media platforms or access our Services from your computer or device.
- Any other information you voluntarily provide us.
You must only submit to us or the website information and personal data which is true and not misleading, and you must keep it up to date and inform us of any changes.
Personal Data we collect automatically
When you visit our website and social media platforms, we may automatically collect certain information, which may also be categorized as Personal Data. This includes your IP address, the date and time you accessed our Services, the hardware, software or internet browser you use and information about your computer’s operating system. WE might also collect information about clicks, which pages you have been browsing, and any information you have provided us in connection with shopping for or configuring insurance quotes.
Personal Data you provide about other individuals
If you provide Personal Data about other individuals, such as your employees or dependents, you must first obtain their consent. By providing us with Personal Data of a third party, you hereby represent that you have provided notice to that third party and have obtained their consent. You must provide only true information, and refrain from providing information that is not necessary or requested.
If you connect to any of our services with your mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including but not limited to your mobile device’ unique device identification, IP address, mobile operating system, internet browsers in use, and location. We may collect information about the way you use our services.
How we may use your Personal Data
IPIB collects information from you, including Personal Data, for a variety of purposes, as so described below.
- Process your order
- Contact you regarding your account with us, your quote, your policy, payments, annual renewal, and endorsements.
- Underwriting purposes, sell, solicit, discuss insurance products and services.
- Provide you with a quote. When you submit your contact information to us as a part of an attempted or completed request for a quote or offer for goods and services, you consent to receive telephone calls, emails, text messages, direct messages, mailers, or any other similar communications in connection with these goods and services. This is true even if your phone number is on any “do not call” list of a mobile phone.
- Provide you with any information and services you request.
- Contact you with relation to our services and products or services offered through our services, or the products or services offered through our services. This is true even if your phone number is on any “do not call” list registry or a mobile phone.
- Communicate, service, and bill accounts or clients.
- Inform you regarding products and services we may offer.
- Inform the research and development of new products and services.
- Determine eligibility and process applications for products and services.
- Analyze claims data or other data to accurately respond to your questions and provide you with information on your account, provide you with adequate products, services or subscription, and store information about your preferences.
- Obtain and update insurance or credit information with appropriate third parties.
- Monitor and administer accounts and their services.
- Conduct employee training.
- Perform market analysis, analytics, decisioning, advertising and marketing of products and services to you, or to facilitate advertising and marketing.
- Fulfill contractual obligations.
- Comply with or satisfy a legal or regulatory requirement.
- Fulfill any additional commercial purposes, provided that it is within the applicable laws.
With whom do we share your Personal Data
IPIB does not rent or sell any Personal Data that we collect. IPIB may disclose your information including Personal data as follows:
- To insurers, reinsurers, insurance intermediaries, brokers, underwriters, insurance reference bureaus, medical service providers, fraud detection agencies, our advisers, loss adjusters, lawyers, accountants, and others involved in the claims handling process. To guaranty funds or agencies, applicable rating agencies of the financial institution, personas assessing our compliance with industry standards, and our attorneys, accountants, and auditors.
- To third parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or servicing you, including marketing and advertising.
- As permitted by law, to third party insurance rate advisory organizations and other organizations who compile commercial databases or insurance and financial information which may include premium and loss data, vehicle history, name, address, ownership structure, liens, judgements, and payment history.
- To comply with the law and enforce our Website policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety.
- When necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- If we are required to do so or have the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process or requests served on IPIB.
- As required for company audits or to investigate a complaint or security threat.
- To enforce or apply our website policies and/or other agreements, including for billing and payment collection purposes, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of IPIB or our customers, or others. This may include an exchange of information, including your personal data, to other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For any other purpose you have consented to when required by applicable law and regulations.
- To our service providers which are contractually restricted from using or disclosing your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
The period for which your Personal Data will be stored by us
IPIB retains your data so long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected unless a shorter retention period is otherwise agreed to by contract. IPIB may hold onto your data for a longer retention period if it is necessary to meet regulatory or legal requirements, enforce our Terms of Service, or prevent fraud or abuse, or in the ordinary course of archiving our business records.
IPIB takes steps to protect your information from unauthorized access. While we take reasonable measures to protect the information you submit via the website against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the website may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through email or the website and take special care in deciding which information you provide us.
Do not track
Because a “Do Not Track” (DNT) standard has not yet been adopted, we do not currently respond to DNT signals.
Your rights with regard to your Personal Data
Accessing and updating your information
IPIB collects information about how you use our website by using cookies. A cookie is a small text file, generated by a website, that is stored in the website user’s internet browser or computer or mobile device hard drive, on a temporary or permanent basis. Cookies allow a website to identify a user’s device whenever that user returns to the website. This provides the user with a more stable and enriching experience and allows a website owner to gather usage information. You can find more detailed information about cookies and how they work at www.aboutcookies.org/
You can configure your internet browser preference to limit the acceptance and storage of cookies but blocking all cookies may severely limit your browsing experience on our and other websites.
IPIB may also utilize web beacons and similar tracking technologies to gather information about your interactions with IPIB’s website. A web beacon is a one-pixel usually transparent electronic image inserted in web content or email messages. It passes information about pages and content viewed by IPIB website users.
IPIB’s cookie use
Cookies allow IPIB to identify a user’s device when that user returns to IPIB’s website and to run its Services more efficiently by providing a more stable experience custom to each user.
Cookies also may provide IPIB with information about its users and enable IPIB to compile aggregate user statistics.
The cookies IPIB uses vary. Some of the cookies IPIB uses are necessary to allow users to navigate secure areas containing content for registered users. IPIB also uses functional cookies to gather information about user choices such as language, region, or other settings. Information gleaned from these functional cookies is usually anonymized and not used for non- functional purposes.
IPIB uses analytical services to determine the effectiveness of our content, what interest our users, and the functionality of our services. We also use web beacons, tracking pixels, and similar technologies to understand more about our website visitors and count visitor traffic.
IPIB uses performance cookies to track how many individual users visit our website and how often they do so. While information gathered through web beacons, tracking pixels, and performance cookies are generally not used to personally identify any user, such data may be combined with other information to analyze personal website user information.
Your control over cookies
You can control and manage your cookies in various ways. You can control whether you block or accept cookies by modifying your internet browser settings, including the selection of “do not track” options. You can accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is sent, or reject all cookies. Most browsers also allow you to individually delete cookies, though this may cause you to lose preferences you set for various websites. Note that removing or blocking cookies may impair you user experience and prevent access to portions of IPIB’s website. IPIB’s web beacons will still function without cookies but will only record that the website was anonymously visited. For more information about how to modify your browser settings to block or filter cookies, see www.aboutcookies.org/
You can opt-out of having your anonymized browsing activity within websites recorded by analytics cookies.
California Privacy Rights, including under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
Personal Data Collection; Deletion; Opting Out
You have the right to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, a list of all third parties, if any to which IPIB has disclosed certain Personal Data during the preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
You may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of Personal Data that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your Personal Data is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Data, the categories of Personal Data that we disclosed for a business purpose, any categories of Personal Data about you that we sold, the categories of third-parties with whom we have shared your Personal Data, and the business or commercial purpose for selling your Personal Data, if applicable.
Subject to certain conditions, you may request deletion of your Personal Data collected or maintained by us. Please note that there are various lawful reasons why we may not be in a position to erase your Personal Data- for instance, where we have to comply with a legal obligation, in case of exercising or defending legal claims, or where retention periods apply by law or policies.
For clarity, we will not sell your Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you give us specific permission.
You may contact us to request your privacy information in our contact information listed below.
You have the right to exercise your rights described above free from discriminatory practices prohibited by California law.
If you have any questions relating to this Statement or your Personal Data that IPIB maintains, or wish to change the specific Personal Data you have provided, please contact us at IPIB Inc., by phone: (877)893-7629 , by email: info@IPIBinc.com, by postal mail: 2102 Business Center Drive, Ste. 280 Irvine, CA 92612.